The name Great Brehat, pronounced "Braha", believed to originate from the name of an island off the coast of Brittany. The community was once a fishing station on the French Shore as early as the 18th Century. In the early 1900's, a co-operative store was established for the community, under the guidance of Sir Wilfred Grenfell. In 1971, a road link was established to other surrounding communities. Great Brehat has a walking trail behind the local cemetery known as Flat Point Lookout.
Facilities & Services
· Great Brehat United Church